March 4, 2012

I blog to you sitting in the library doing nothing other than what I am trying to avoid here, procrastinating. School has consumed my life and while I have put blogging on hold for a while, I have not put my health on hold. No matter how busy we get and how much life consumes us, we can NEVER put our health in the back seat. 


With that being said my trouble studying has spurred my interest in what can possibly help me to focus on my work. By having an understanding of what healthy foods will help you concentrate it will only further prevent you from grabbing that bag of chips... instead try making a bag of trail mix! 

  1. Salmon
  2. Vitamin C is required by the brain to carry nerve impulses
  3. Tuna
  4. Chia seeds
  5. Kiwi
  6. Lentils
  7. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
  8. Brazil nuts
  9. Almonds
  10. Walnuts
  11. Do not skip breakfast!
  12. Cashews
  13. Coffee
  14. Eggs
  15. Antioxidants protect brain cells from damage by free radicals 
  16. Oatmeal
  17. Whole grains
  18. Cauliflower
  19. Leafy-Greens
  20. Vitamin B, especially B6 and B12
  21. Spinach
  22. Kale
  23. Broccoli
  24. Strawberries
  25. Melons
  26. Black beans
  27. Dark chocolate can increase blood flow to the brain for 2-3 hours 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...